2021 Award Roundup
As we look back on 2021, Deep South is pleased to highlight the following recognitions awarded to our team:
- The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) honored Deep South with the 2021 Safety Excellence Award, Silver, for Division I. The awards program was established in 1996 to recognize excellent safety performance by contractors working in industrial facilities; GBRIA member sites nominate companies who’ve performed work in their facilities and committed themselves to safety excellence in their operations.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Deep South won the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association’s (SC&RA) Crane & Rigging Group Safety Award. The SC&RA Crane & Rigging Group Safety Award is given to member companies with a Workers’ Compensation Modification Rate of 1.0 or less; Property Damage Frequency Rate of 1.0 or less; and an incident rate of 1.6 or less; these are all lower rates than the industry average, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. SC&RA is an international organization of more than 1,400 members from 46 nations.
- For the fifth consecutive year, Deep South received the LWCC Safest 70 award. The program recognizes excellence, outstanding performance, and commitment to workplace safety for the top 70 of over 16,000 entities insured by LWCC. It acknowledges the effectiveness of the safety efforts of these 70 entities in preventing injuries and maintaining a consistent workplace safety history and their leadership in providing their employees with a safe workplace and a robust safety culture.
- Deep South won the Texas Mutual 2021 Platinum Safety Partner Award, making Deep South one of 200 businesses receiving the award out of Texas Mutual’s 72,000 policy holders in Texas. The Work Safe, Texas Award Program recognizes policyholders whose commitment to employee safety sets them apart from other policy holders.
- The Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana (SWLA) gave Deep South the 2021 Silver level Contractor Safety Performance Award for excellence in safety performance.
Deep South, once again, had crane operators, drivers and riggers recognized for their achievements in their field.
- SC&RA Driver Safety Award winners, who accumulated 5 years or more without a single recordable accident, include Norman DeBarge, David Sanders, Samuel Jesse Ward, John Wayne Johnson, Logan Sellers, and Michael Ashworth.
- SC&RA Crane Operator Safety Award winners, who accumulated 10,000 or more man hours without a single recordable injury or incident, include Josh Fowler, Anthony Moseley, Justin Vidrine, and Garett Williams.
- SC&RA Rigger Safety Award winners, who accumulated 10,000 or more man hours without a single recordable injury or incident, include Patrick Aucoin, Jr., Cade St. Romain, David Fontenot, John Winston, Jr., and Jerry Allen Ihle, II.
“Our safety achievements at Deep South are the result of every employee’s efforts, day in and day out, to plan our tasks and then execute those tasks carefully and with attention to detail," said Louise Landry, Safety Advisor at Deep South. “We commend the employees who are named here, along with all our employees who help build our record. We know that it takes communication, cooperation, and continuous efforts throughout the organization to keep everyone safe, each day and every shift.”
For more information on Deep South’s safety program, please visit here.
About Deep South: Deep South Crane & Rigging is a leading provider of heavy lift and transport solutions in the refining, chemical, and energy sectors and strives to provide its customers the best tools to complete the task at hand and is home of the VersaCrane fleet. The firm offers a complete range of services, from bare crane rental to turn-key heavy lift and transport solutions to clients in North and South America. It operates out of 7 locations including Baton Rouge, LA; Sulphur, LA; New Orleans, LA; Dequincy, LA; Beaumont, TX; Houston, TX; and Catlettsburg, KY. Sister company DS Americas operates out of Bogota, Colombia. Recent recognition includes 2018 Houston Business Roundtable (HBR) Best of the Best Safety Excellence Award, 2019 Mentor Award, and 2020 Finalist; 2018 Industrial Safety Training Council (ISTC) Safety Achievement Award; 2018, 2020 and 2021 Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) Contractor Safety Excellence Award, Crane & Rigging; 2019 Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) Workforce Development Best of Division OneAward; 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SCRA) Safety Award; 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Louisiana Worker's Compensation Corporation (LWCC) Safest 70); 2021 Texas Mutual Platinum Safety Partner Award; and 2021 Safety Council of Southwest Louisiana (SWLA) Silver Level Contractor Safety Performance Award.
Deep South Wins GBRIA's 2020 Craft Workforce Development and Safety Excellence Awards
The Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance (GBRIA) recently honored Deep South Crane & Rigging with their 2020 Craft Workforce Development Best of Division I Award and their 2020 Safety Excellence Award for Division II.
Deep South Employees Honored with SC&RA, LWCC Safety 70 Awards
Deep South Crane & Rigging, LLC, is pleased to announce, for the third consecutive year, its acceptance of the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association’s (SC&RA) Crane & Rigging Group Safety Award and its inclusion in the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Corporation (LWCC) Safest 70 award program. Ten Deep South crane operators were honored with SC&RA Crane Operator Safety Award, which is presented to crane operators who exhibit exemplary work achievements while accumulating 10,000 consecutive man hours and recording zero accidents and incidents.