Safety Source: Parking Lot Safety
It’s important to remain vigilant and aware of your surroundings. In even the most familiar or seemingly harmless area, the potential for danger and accidents can be anywhere. Parking lots, whether at your office, your favorite store, or outside of a stadium all offer the possibility of accidents. However with a few helpful tips and best practices, making your way to and from your car can be a safe and pleasant.
Parking Your Car
Here are some safety ideas for when you arrive at your destination:
- Choose a highly visible and well lit spot.
- Avoid parking near bushes and other landscaping.
- In a parking garage, attempt to park as close to the elevators as possible.
- Keep valuables out of sight.
- Make a reference of landmarks and other indicators near your car to help you remember where it is parked.
Returning to Your Car
After your errand, keep these tips in mind as you return to your vehicle:
- Observe your surroundings by looking at, under, and around your car as you approach it.
- Avoid distractions like phone calls as you return.
- Have your keys ready before you arrive.
- Enter your car quickly and lock the doors after you are in.
These are only a few tips and ideas that can help to ensure your safety the next time you are in a parking lot.
Louisiana Companies to Host Crane and Heavy Transport Careers Event
Deep South Crane & Rigging and Berard will co-host a one-day careers event for students and veterans on November 15th in Baton Rouge as part of a national careers initiative through Lift & Move USA. The event will be the first in Louisiana and up to 400 students are expected to attend from local high schools and colleges.
Ramp up Efficiency with Specialized Equipment
Deep South has a large inventory of specialized equipment to solve the complex challenges presented in today’s heavy construction projects. This video will walk you through our steel distribution systems, moment connection bridge ramps, temporary bridge systems, bolsters, and barge ramps, all of which will bring additional strength, efficiency, and safety to your project.