Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Job Opening Type: Full Time
Deep South's risk management team is looking for a professional, dynamic, organized, and motivated individual to work closely with our legal and project management teams to review and negotiate contracts for projects company wide. This includes contracts submitted by clients as well as those prepared for Deep South’s third-party vendors or subcontractors. The position will be housed in our corporate office in Baton Rouge, LA.
Interested? PLEASE APPLY!
- Provide administrative support to upper management and legal counsel.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contract spreadsheets and software, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all projects.
- Evaluate, edit, and negotiate industrial construction contracts consistent with corporate risk structure and policies.
- Serve as the point of contact for assigned clients on contractual matters. Act as contractual “liaison" between company project managers and clients, ensuring timely review and approval/reconciliation of revisions.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with client attorneys or contract administrators until consensus has been reached. Contracts may include, but not be limited to, bare rentals, subcontractor subcontracts, client contracts, purchase orders, change orders, and master services agreements.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff.
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties in order to provide contract visibility, awareness, and interpretation to support implementation.
A successful candidate will:
- Be a detail-oriented individual with exceptional communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Have three or more years of experience in contract negotiation and/or construction law
- Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Adobe PDF
A bachelor’s degree or proven work experience as a legal assistant/secretary is required.
Deep South is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Questions? Please reach out to [email protected]