Road Mechanic - Crane/Diesel
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Job Opening Type: Full Time
Deep South Crane & Rigging, LLC has been a leader in the heavy-lift and heavy-haul businesses since the 1980’s. Family owned and operated, we specialize in planning and executing rigging and lifting projects that other companies would call infeasible or impossible. This is made possible in part by the in-house design and manufacturing of our own specialty crane line, VersaCrane, with models ranging from 750 to 2500 tons in capacity.
Our talented staff of mechanics plays a vital role in the maintenance of our entire fleet of trucks, cranes, and heavy equipment. Our corporate office is in Baton Rouge, LA with other offices located in Lake Charles, LA, Beaumont, TX, Houston, TX, and Ashland, KY. This position will be based out of our Baton Rouge office. The benefits are administered through the Local 406 union. Deep South offers highly competitive pay with a positive work environment. Interested? APPLY NOW!
- Repairs equipment as needed (including, but not limited to, forklifts, cranes, and tractor-trailers)
- Performs preventative maintenance on company equipment
- Completes associated work orders and repair records
- Drive to local job sites for repairs as needed
- Follows all Deep South safety programs, policies, and procedures and attends weekly safety meetings
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Crane/heavy equipment, diesel, hydraulic, and electrical experience
- Ability to pass pre-employment urine and hair drug testing
- Must have a clean driving record and at minimum Chauffer's license
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, when needed
- Position will require membership in Operating Engineers Local 406
Deep South is an equal opportunity employer.