Accountant - REMOTE WORK
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Job Opening Type: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Deep South Crane & Rigging, LLC has been a leader in the heavy-lift and heavy-haul businesses since the 1980’s. Family-owned and operated, we specialize in planning and executing rigging and lifting projects that other companies would call infeasible or impossible. Our corporate office is in Baton Rouge, LA with other offices located in Lake Charles, LA, Beaumont, TX, Houston, TX, and Ashland, KY. This position will have the opportunity to work from home, but will be required to travel to the Corporate office in Baton Rouge, LA on a scheduled basis.
Deep South Crane & Rigging, LLC is accepting resumes to fill an accounting position in the Accounting department. Interested? APPLY NOW!
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers
- Manage and process POs from multiple vendors and clients
- Code time for specific jobs using Track
- Assist with the processing of each weeks payroll
- Responsible for the full range of accounting functions, processing high volume both efficiently and accurately
- Assist in other accounting areas and respective functions, providing support to the team as necessary
- Requirement to travel to the Corporate office on a scheduled basis
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or other closely related field preferred but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required, specifically Excel
- Experience working in a construction software, preferably ViewPoint
- Demonstrate a high degree of ownership
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
This position reports directly to the Controller.
Deep South is an Equal Opportunity Employer.